News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Moulding Knife Jig

Started by romanf, October 27, 2008, 11:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romanf

Will the moulding knife jig sharpen knives for a Williams Hussey or Shop Fox?

Jeff Farris

No.  Currently, only European index pin style moulding knives work with the SVP-80.  We are working on an improvement of the clamping system that will adapt to a wider variety of moulding knives.
Jeff Farris

romanf

Will that improvement be a retrofit to the current one, or will it be an entirely new jig?

Jeff Farris

Can't say for sure, but the current direction is toward a new blade holder that uses the current support system.
Jeff Farris

Nickp

Quote from: Jeff Farris on October 28, 2008, 08:07:31 PMCan't say for sure, but the current direction is toward a new blade holder that uses the current support system.

Hi Jeff - Found this old post, I have a Williams and Hussey Moulder... did you have any luck with an improved design? I was thinking of picking up this jig, putting my engineering/ fabricator hat on and seeing if I could modify it myself... but much prefer not to reinvent the wheel if it's already out there.

Thanks,
Nick

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Nick. Unfortunately, Jeff has not been with the forum or Tormek for ten years. I have never even seen one of these jigs. However, I forwarded the topic to Tormek support in Sweden. This is during the long annual vacation time in Sweden, so a reply may be slow coming. Please be patient.

Ken Schroeder, Forum Moderator

Nickp

Thanks Ken! I figured that was the case since I didn't see any recent posts by him. Thanks for jumping in. I watched a Tormek live video on youtube on this jig and it gave me some hope i could possibly use it as is as long as I can get the pins to cover multiple points on the knife. Hopefully there's something in the works though.

Ken S

Nickp