News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New recruit to the Tormek universe

Started by Brock O Lee, June 06, 2024, 11:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock O Lee

Hi there everyone!

First post, and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Hans, and I live in a quiet little town outside Melbourne, Australia.

I've been pretty much obsessed with pocket knives since my dad gave me my first SAK Classic at 8. MacGyver scarred me for life (in a good way), and I've carried a knife daily as an extension of my person since early adulthood.

I have a collection of pocket knives that is much larger than it should be... I love Spyderco for their offering of exotic and high carbide steels. My go-to sharpening system is (was?) an Edge Pro Apex, which I bought new about 10 years ago, and upgraded over time with diamond stones and all the other fruit.

I bought a T8 Black recently, because it was such a compelling package with the diamond wheel. I am still getting the hang of this machine, but I am getting proficient and I've been pleased with my last few reprofiling efforts.

My most recent aquisition was the newly released Knife Angle Setter KS-123, which landed on my doorstep this morning!

I am glad to have discovered such a large Tormek community here. It seems like a literal gold mine of knowledge and wisdom!

Best regards

Hans

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: Brock O Lee on June 06, 2024, 11:38:57 AMFirst post, and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Hans, and I live in a quiet little town outside Melbourne, Australia.

Nice to see another Australian here. I am south of Adelaide. Welcome to the forum.

Brock O Lee

Quote from: John Hancock Sr on June 07, 2024, 12:19:22 AM
Quote from: Brock O Lee on June 06, 2024, 11:38:57 AMFirst post, and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Hans, and I live in a quiet little town outside Melbourne, Australia.

Nice to see another Australian here. I am south of Adelaide. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you John! I noticed quite a few Australians on the forum, more than I expected at first.

I initially discovered "Knife Grinders Australia" on Youtube, which led me down the Tormek rabbit hole. I was shocked to learn that Dr Vadim Kraichuk passed away relatively recently. He knew a lot and did not mind to share his considerable knowledge and experience.
Hans