News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

MB -102 multibase honing angle T4

Started by Digi, November 16, 2023, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi

Hello i am new here from Belgium

I have a tormek T4 that I bought to sharpen knives and I would like to do supportive honing and would buy the MB-102 support for that. Now I'm wondering how to determine the angle on the small honing wheel which is diameter 145mm and the tormek WM-200 angle setter only goes down to diameter 150mm.
Greetings Dietger

cbwx34

Quote from: Digi on November 16, 2023, 11:01:03 AMHello i am new here from Belgium

I have a tormek T4 that I bought to sharpen knives and I would like to do supportive honing and would buy the MB-102 support for that. Now I'm wondering how to determine the angle on the small honing wheel which is diameter 145mm and the tormek WM-200 angle setter only goes down to diameter 150mm.
Greetings Dietger

Use a calculator.  Not only does it answer your question, but the Anglemaster doesn't account for blade taper from spine to edge... a calculator does.

Check the links in my signature!
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Digi

Hello thank you very much for the info! I think this will indeed solve my problem.I will definitely try the calculator and measure the distance from top USB to the top of the wheel, thanks!
Greetings Dietger[/quote]