News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Diamond wheel

Started by Macjames, October 05, 2023, 03:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macjames

Any reason why a guy can't put a t4 diamond wheel on a t 7 it not like theye will ever wear down

Ken S

Mechanically, there is no reason why a T4 wheel will not work on a T7. It is essentially like any 250mm diameter grinding wheel worn down to 200mm.

Do you have a particular reason for wanting to do this?

Ken

Macjames

Up just thinking cost can't run water stones in the winter

Ken S

Interesting thought, especially if you already have the T7. Have you considered removing your grinding wheel after sharpening in the winter and transporting it to your warmer living area? I have found that breaking down my T7 into the unit and the grinding wheel cuts the weight of carrying either in half. Especially with the EZYlock removal and remounting is quick. Even without the EZYlock, it is not that difficult. Jeff Farris, the founder of this forum, send to spend over half of each year on the road demonstrating the Tormek. He was concerned about continual road bumps on the shafts of his machines. His custom was to remove the grinding wheels before each trip. This predated the EZYlock!

An EZYlock conversion kit costs only a fraction of the cost of a diamond wheel. I installed mine in less than fifteen minutes.

Ken