News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Paper / carboard knife Sleeves

Started by can sharp, December 20, 2021, 04:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

can sharp

Hello, would anyone know where to buy bulk paper knive sleeves ( in Canada ) i want to be able to sent my customers home and not worry the cut there fingers off! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cbwx34

Quote from: can sharp on December 20, 2021, 04:21:09 AM
Hello, would anyone know where to buy bulk paper knive sleeves ( in Canada ) i want to be able to sent my customers home and not worry the cut there fingers off! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ordered from  knifesleeves.com before... they were decent.  (Their website says they ship to Canada).

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Vstrom USA

RickKrung

Quote from: Vstrom USA on December 23, 2021, 05:25:44 PM
I think I am going to give these people a try.   https://usaknifemaker.com/

These (just a URL directly to the sleeves at at the link above) are what I've been using for about three years.  Bought all four width sizes of the 18" long ones when I started doing a couple farmers markets.  Can get two or three knives cut from each 18" sometimes, particularly the narrower widths.  Don't do the markets any more, so the supply has lasted a long time. 

Good sleeves, sturdy material. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

cbwx34

Probably too late, but SteveB posted this link on his website...

https://www.noonknifesleeves.com/

... might be worth a look.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

RickKrung

Quote from: cbwx34 on January 14, 2022, 12:29:25 AM
Probably too late, but SteveB posted this link on his website...

https://www.noonknifesleeves.com/

... might be worth a look.

Those look to be identical to what I am using (link in my earlier post), although it appears to be a different supplier.

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

can sharp

A big thank you  to all for sending the information, greatly appreciated.

Ken S

Look at the cost of cardboard edge protectors as your advertising budget. Spend a bit more for quality and be sure to stick on well designed name and contact info labels. Most of them will probably end up in a drawer near the customer's knife block. Be sure to include your email address, website (if you have one) and telephone number. You want to make it easy for your customer to bring you repeat business. Do good work and don't be shy about letting your customers know how to bring you more work!

Ken

BeSharp