News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

superb plane set up video

Started by Ken S, May 06, 2021, 12:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

David Charlesworth is a world class woodworker. Any Tormek sharpener who sharpens plane blades should know how to use and set them properly. (It could save misuse problems with the customer.) This video also gives an excellent description of cambering. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/0KDbwtRJ3Iw

Ken

RickKrung

I've taken a recent interest in plane blade sharpening.  I've spent a little bit of time watching the video at the link Ken posted, as well as several others of David Charlesworth.  Very worthwhile, I find.  I had seen his video on use of the the SE-77 jig for creating cambers before, but had not watched the others regarding planes and their setup and tuning.  Very informative, particularly for this beginner with planes.

Thanks, Ken

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.