News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

live class comparing the Tormek models

Started by Ken S, March 02, 2021, 11:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I just received 

Which Tormek suits you?
In the next live episode we compare ALL of our machines, what they have in common and their differences. Have you ever wondered what separates the Tormek T-8 Original from the Tormek T-4 Original? Or are you about to acquire your first Tormek and don't know which one to choose? Or maybe you're just curios about the specs of each machine? Whatever you might be wondering, you'll get the chance to ask all your questions to Tormek experts Sébastien and Wolfgang during this special live episode!

When?
Wednesday, March 3
3.30 PM, Swedish time (CET)
Watch live!

Did you miss any of our previous episodes? On our YouTube channel you can replay all our live sharpening

Ken

Ken S

I was very pleased with the new online class comparing the various Tormek models. I felt the answers were straightforward and from actual working sharpening staff. The coverage was fair and balanced. I was especially interested in how Sebastien and Wolfgang compared the T4 and T8, relating to the "thirty minute duty cycle issue". Their answer was refreshingly candid.

Obviously, the T8's 200 watt motor is designed for heavier duty work than the 120 watt T4 motor. Wolfgang described overheating as only being an issue, with any Tormek, starting at 150º Celsius. He mentioned that he has sharpened 150 knives at knife shows with the T4 with no problems. With loading and unloading the knife jig, there is plenty down time.

The online class reaffirmed my belief that there is a niche for all of the Tormek models, including the T2 and the T8 Custom and that one should decide which is most suitable based on one's real world working environment.

Good job, Sebastien and Wolfgang. I look forward to future classes!

Ken