News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Farrior/hoof knife sharpening?

Started by davidapplewhite, January 12, 2021, 05:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidapplewhite

Is there any information out there on farrior/hoof knife sharpening? I could get a significant amount of business in this area and can't find any information on it.

cbwx34

Quote from: davidapplewhite on January 12, 2021, 05:29:19 PM
Is there any information out there on farrior/hoof knife sharpening? I could get a significant amount of business in this area and can't find any information on it.

I think one of the Tormek videos has something on it?   Maybe someone will remember....  ???
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

David,

I'm a city dweller, and claim no expertise with hoof knives. I found this during an online search:

https://hooftrimmersupply.com/search?q=hoof+knives&type=product

With the concave shape, you might want to round the corners of your grinding wheel (SG). Also, i think the most functional way to hold hoof knives would be a small platform. You can start with either the platform of the scissors jig (preferred) or the SVD-110.

For anything unusual, I recommend contacting Tormek support (support@tormek.se).

Keep us posted. If you can generate a fair amount of revenue from these knives, I think it will be worth the effort to master this.

Ken