News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek T4

Started by Alihussein8, August 27, 2020, 08:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alihussein8

Hello All! i was considering selling my tormek T4, i have used it strictly for knife sharpening and i cant seem to get the hang of it :(. with that being said is there anybody in here that may be interested in the Michigan area? thank you. if this post is not allowed in any way please delete.

Tormek T4 bushcraft edition. comes with knife Jig, long knife jig, rotating base, grading stone, original t4 wheel, Japanese wheel that was used one time, axe jig, and angle master, manual, oil, and honing compound.

Hannsi1957

so bad that i live in germany, i need one to show the CBN-Wheels for T4  :'(

Ken S

Ali,

You have made a substantial investment. I would hate to see you give up. Have you watched the new Tormek online knife sharpening class? ((Go to youtube, search for Tormek knife sharpening.)

Go onto tormek.com (US English site). Under resellers, contact Tormek. Inc. The staff there is first rate, and includes Stig Reitan. Stig is one of Tormek's most experienced knife experts and an outstanding coach. If you are serious about mastering the Tormek, Stig and his crew can help you.
Stay strong.

Ken

jasonstone20

Try sticking with it.  Take a knife that is already sharp, use the sharpie method to match the angle, and then use the deburring wheel.  It took me a month or two to get really good at using the T4.  I might be interested in the Japanese Waterstone Wheel, depending on the price.

John_B

If the knives you are sharpening are extremely dull it takes more passes to restore the edge. More passes not more pressure is also an important thing to remember. I am restoring some old knives for my daughter and they took more time to sharpen than normal. Watch the videos and follow their recommendations closely. You can get an extremely sharp edge with the standard stone and I would leave the Japanese stone in the box until you become good at the standard sharpening steps.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease