News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New T-4 , Disappointment

Started by schipperke, September 07, 2019, 02:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffs55

North Dakota to Maryland right at the Swamp..   Did the dog fool you? No, the "be" on your YT vid did. The dog must be a malinois.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

schipperke

Quote from: jeffs55 on September 08, 2019, 12:25:41 PM
North Dakota to Maryland right at the Swamp..   Did the dog fool you? No, the "be" on your YT vid did. The dog must be a malinois.

In plain sight!

https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/schipperke/

jeffs55

You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Roger M.

Quote from: schipperke on September 08, 2019, 05:30:25 AM
  ...........I don't believe in coincidences either, I bet there is a bad run of these.
Considering my T-4 is making exactly the same noise, coincidence really can't be seen as playing any part.

**EDIT** - BTW, if anybody associated with Tormek has any sort of "fix" to offer, or can detail how to get rid of the T-4 noise ... now would be a great time to post it!

schipperke

Try this, not kidding.

Run the machine.  With the name plate facing you, slowly tip/tilt  the machine back on the rear feet.  This will stop the noise on mine, but while in this orientation if I apply pressure on the wheel the noise returns.  The noise on mine will cease when tipped about 10 degrees, but still have a strange dull harmonic. If I tip it back further, say 50 degrees runs quiet with no irritating low volume wamp wamp wamp.  I consider this no way a fix.  I note when adding slight resistance, the drive spindle moves for a stronger bight, but it skews when doing so, and noise returns.

https://youtu.be/918xYGEWN3I

Ken S

Quote from: Roger M. on September 08, 2019, 04:38:45 PM
Quote from: schipperke on September 08, 2019, 05:30:25 AM
  ...........I don't believe in coincidences either, I bet there is a bad run of these.
Considering my T-4 is making exactly the same noise, coincidence really can't be seen as playing any part.

**EDIT** - BTW, if anybody associated with Tormek has any sort of "fix" to offer, or can detail how to get rid of the T-4 noise ... now would be a great time to post it!

"Now" for Tormek Support is Monday through Friday during business hours in Sweden. I email support frequently. Often I send these emails on weekends or late at night, however, I do not expect a reply except during business hours. My apologies for not stating that in my first reply.

How does one get Tormek's best service promptly? The procedure is simple.
First, make sure you have registered your Tormek online using the tormek.com website.
Second, contact support (support@tormek.se). If you can include a video showing the trouble like schipperke make, that is excellent. If not, still contact support.
Third, You are always welcome to post on the forum. This is often useful, especially with the inevitable "operator error" troubles. However, do not forget to contact support first.

Ken

**UPDATE, Monday Morning**

I received a CC of the email from support to Schipperke. As I expected, support is on the case.