News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Laser line guide for freehand sharpening

Started by Antz, May 30, 2019, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antz

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I'll continue to try and find logical solutions to everyday challenges and share my findings in hopes it can help others.

John, that's exactly the type of situation I think a laser could be useful. It could even be used when doing guided jig sharpening with a pivot collar and not necessarily just for freehand. Or like some YouTube vids I watched last night it can be used with a tool rest for just some added guidance.

Thanks
Antz
"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:57‬ ‭

John_B

Quote from: Antz on May 31, 2019, 09:08:37 PM
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I'll continue to try and find logical solutions to everyday challenges and share my findings in hopes it can help others.

John, that's exactly the type of situation I think a laser could be useful. It could even be used when doing guided jig sharpening with a pivot collar and not necessarily just for freehand. Or like some YouTube vids I watched last night it can be used with a tool rest for just some added guidance.

Thanks
Antz

Once you have been sharpening for a while you will learn to do the same thing with the water going over the edge. I learned by keeping a straight line of water as my hand position changed. A laser guide would be accurate and easy to follow.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease