News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New Turning Tool Setter TTS-100

Started by kwadams, August 25, 2006, 12:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwadams

Hi Jeff--

Just saw a Tormek ad in a ww'ing mag for the captioned new jig that looks a little bit like the pro angle master.   It is supposed to make it even easier to set and repeat sharpening of your turning gouges and skews using the normal SVD-185 and SVS-50 jigs.

Have you seen/tried it yet?  If so, what's your opinion?  Lastly, will you be offering it for sale?

Thanks.
Kevin Adams

Jeff Farris

We now have the TTS-100 in stock and ready for purchase at $24.95.

It is a great aid in setting up the SVD-185 for fingernail gouges and the SVS-50 for skews.

You can order now on the phone.  It should be in the online store by late September.

The new turning video which will be out late fall shows both the TTS-100 method of set up, as well as custom grind set-up.
Jeff Farris

Mark Spaulding

Hi Jeff,

I just purchased the TTS-100 at the San Mateo CA show and I must be doing something wrong.

I am trying to put a curved edge on a Sorby 1/2" skew chisel. P=75 and the  SVS-50 is set for 30. I amusing the closer hole to set the distance.

The grind that I get is almost flat (square) rather than skewed. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Blessings,
--Mark

Jeff Farris

Hadn't thought about a half inch'er.  It isn't going to have much radius at those settings.

Try a 55mm projection, and set the angle manually to match the existing bevel angle (the TTS-100 holes won't work).  See if that doesn't give you a more pronounced curve.  Just don't get too carried away.  With only a half inch working surface, you don't want that radius real tight, or it won't roll a bead nicely.
Jeff Farris

Mark Spaulding

Thanks Jeff,

I just put a straight bevel back on it.  Takes a while to grind one back on!

Blessings,
--Mark