News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

reusing ACC

Started by Ken S, January 12, 2019, 11:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Just before Christmas, I sharpened a few turning tools with the diamond wheels and ACC. I lowered the trough in my T8, planning to do some more sharpening the next day. I was not feeling quite right.

Two nights later I was in the ER and spent much of the week in the hospital. My heart stabilized and I was back home. I felt OK, but did not have much energy. I ended up not going down to my shop until this afternoon. The water with ACC had evaporated, leaving a greasy surface. A couple paper towels followed by some hot water and Dawn made the water trough clean and like new again.

In the future, I will remove the water from the trough with my turkey baster and leave it is a sealed plastic peanut butter jar, ready (hopefully) for the next sharpening session. (Trough wiped out,  rinsed and dried.)

Ken

Rem

Hey, what's with this ER stuff?   :-\ Hope you're feeling better now.   Don't make me have to come down there.  It's so damn cold, I can't even start my truck.  GET RIGHT, SAILOR.   All the best.   Rem

Ken S

Thanks, Rem. If I ever get in a jam, you and Rex will be my first call!

Ken