News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

HERESY! - Using Diamond Wheels With Just Water

Started by RickKrung, September 17, 2018, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickKrung

It still offends my good sense (or maybe not so "good") that there is so much loss/spillage of the ACC-laced water coolant when using the diamond wheels.  So, I wondered and have started trying out using just plain water for general work with the diamond wheels and then at the end of the session, replacing the water with ACC-laced water to "rinse" the wheels with the corrosion preventing solution and running the wheels a bit.  That has taken the form of when sharpening the last knife and going thru all the diamond wheels, or, after it is all over, cycling the wheels through the solution before setting out to dry. 

Makes me happier.  That spilled water doesn't bother me.  Waiting to see if it results in any rusting. 

Thoughts/comments?  I wonder if Tormek will notice and comment. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Ken S

Rick,

I emailed support; Tormek is now aware of your problem.

I plan to do some sharpening this weekend. I will try to duplicate your spillage situation. I have not experienced that amount of spillage.

I know overspillage reports occasionally surface. I hope we can identify and correct the problem.I am curious to read support's and other replies.

Ken