News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

language request

Started by Ken S, April 27, 2018, 03:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

A while back we had a forum topic where the poster asked, if possible, for an answer in German. My German is very limited, however, We have at least one German member who is also fluent in English. I sent him a pm, and he wrote a very good reply in German. Here is my suggestion:

We are fortunate to have several multi lingual members. We also receive posts from members whose native language is not English. As moderator, I would like to put together a list of multi lingual members who would be willing to assist other members who have questions and whose primary language is not English. I would be most appreciative if those of us who have this ability would send me a pm or reply to this topic mentioning your languages.

Thank you in advance,

Ken

Fernando

Quote from: Ken S on April 27, 2018, 03:16:32 AM
I would be most appreciative if those of us who have this ability would send me a pm or reply to this topic mentioning your languages.

Thank you in advance,

Ken

(Spanish)
Con mucho gusto puedo colaborar con el Idioma español, que es mi idioma nativo, Mi ingles no es el mejor, pero.. a favor puedo decir que tengo un buen conocimiento de las palabras y los temas relacionados con el afilado. :)

(English)
It is a pleasure to collaborate with the Spanish language, which is my native language, My English is not the best, but, in favor I can say that I have a good knowledge of the words and the topics related to the sharpening.

Ken S

Muchas grácias, Fernando. I do not want any of our members to feel uncomfortable reading or posting because of not being comfortable with English.

Ken

Dutchman

I could help with Dutch or German.
My experience, however, is that technical people here in Europe are usually able to manage in English.

Ken S

Thanks, Ton.

I agree about technical people in Europe being able to manage in English. We did have at least one request for help in German. With help from you and Fernando, we have Dutch, German, and Spanish covered. That is a very good start. I suspect Tormek can provide a Swedish translator. :)

The plan is that everyone should be able to get good information, with or without fluency in English.

Fernando and Ton, thank you very much.

Ken

banjoey

I can assist with Greek.  My girl is greek.  So....

Ken S

Excellent, Joseph. I will add you and Greek to the list.

Ken