News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How can we jig this short & curved blade?

Started by Sharpco, February 23, 2018, 03:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Jan,

Even in Nonmetricland where I live, most hardware stores offer a variety of m6 thread options. I would guess your selection is even better in Metricland. When I was attempting to make a small platform jig from a Tormek Torlock platform, I thinned out the top of a hex head bolt trying to unsuccessfully gain clearance. (Herman's scissors based jig works much better.)

Hopefully you can find a workable option.

Ken

ps Interesting project,

RickKrung

Quote from: Jan on March 01, 2018, 10:04:37 PM
Rick, the major collision was caused by the black rear knob. After replacing it by a suitable screw a minor collision, caused by the small front knob, occurred.

I have resigned to the flip function of the jig. An associated reason was the fact, that the blade thickness is too big for the Tormek knife jig.

Jan

Flat head screw for the front.  The jig has a conical(ish) recess into which the stock screw fits. 

A standard 6mm flat head screw (I prefer socket head) sits low enough so as to not obstruct the top surface.  Pictured is a 1/4"-20 FH screws, which is actually larger than 6mm. 

No modifications/machining, just replacement of screws.  Don't know about the rest of it.  To fix the knife being too big for the jig, I'd just machine down the jig to make the knife fit, but I realize that is not likely an option for you. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.