News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Wiping the leather wheel

Started by Sharpco, December 02, 2017, 12:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharpco

A month ago, I had a problem with the leather wheel and posted it on the forum.(https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=3403.0) I solved the problem by stripping the compound from the leather wheel.

But I knew that someday I would have the same problem again. And I didn't want to peel off the accumulated compound every time because it's cumbersome and makes the surroundings messy.

So I remembered the cbwv34's reply.

I've occasionally held a towel against mine to get some of the accumulated "black gunk" off, then add a bit of compound... but not much other than that.

This worked great. It was a good way to wipe the leather wheel before applying the new compound. It didn't accumulate anymore and didn't peel off. Thank you cbwx34  ;)

If you don't wipe the compound, it will eventually accumulate even if you use a small amount. However, Tormek's handbook does not have warnings and solutions for this.

cbwx34

You're welcome... glad it worked!  :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)