News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Scheppach tiger 2000s shaft -> msk 200 tormek shaft Is change possible??

Started by DKAN, October 31, 2017, 02:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKAN

Is possible? If this issue possible, i will get this shaft. I think it's possible. Is it have a another problem?

cbwx34

Unless someone just happens to know... I would think you'd need to provide the measurements of the Tiger's shaft, and how it fits in the machine... to even consider if it's possible.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, DKAN.

Are you asking if it is possible to replace the shaft of a Scheppach Tiger 2000s with a Tormek MSK-200 shaft?

My first question would be to ask why you want to replace the Scheppach shaft. If it is because your present shaft is rusted, I would suggest first checking to see if Scheppach parts are available and, if so, at what cost.

If you want to try, the Tormek shaft will either work or it won't. Scheppach grinding wheels are listed as the same dimensions as the Tormek SG-200 wheels. I do not know if the shaft lengths are the same.

I have never seen a Schappach grinder. It is our forum policy not to post negative comments about competitors' products. Therefore, All I will recommend is that you consider the pros and cons of restoring your present machine with a T4 and come to your own decision.

Ken