News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Request for more information about "Knife Point Setting Template"

Started by Elden, September 27, 2017, 04:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elden

Quote from: Jan on October 27, 2015, 06:49:00 PM

This template should allow easy knife mounting into SVM-45 knife jig, in a way that ensures the same bevel angle at the straight part of the blade and the point. Since that time I have slightly improved the concept and prepared a digital version of this template, which is now ready for your potential download.

The improved design of the Knife Tip Point Setting Template is here:

The template can be  downloaded/printed  from the following address:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqwn5xuk0r07z5d/TEMPLATE_139MM.pdf?dl=1

Print the image at the actual original size and check that the projection length is really 139 mm.

Jan

Jan,

I use a Kindle Fire tablet and consequently can not resize the above image accurately or print it off. Would you show where the anchor point for your compass is located on your drawing? By using ratios, I know the drawing I am making is very close to being right, but would like it to be better than close. :)

Quote from: Jan on November 08, 2015, 06:30:25 PM
Ken, the most simplified version of an Excel spreadsheet entitled "KENJIG_wheel_support_distance_1" is available for download at the following address:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypbtaxgycgoyls0/KENJIG_wheel_support_distance_1.xlsb?dl=1

For some reason after downloading this file, I can not open it. It is telling me the file is corrupt. The joys of a tablet, I suppose. ;)
Elden

cbwx34

Quote from: Elden on September 27, 2017, 04:31:37 AM
   I use a Kindle Fire tablet ...

Quote from: Jan on November 08, 2015, 06:30:25 PM
Ken, the most simplified version of an Excel spreadsheet entitled "KENJIG_wheel_support_distance_1" is available for download at the following address:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypbtaxgycgoyls0/KENJIG_wheel_support_distance_1.xlsb?dl=1

For some reason after downloading this file, I can not open it. It is telling me the file is corrupt. The joys of a tablet, I suppose. ;)

Can you download the Microsoft Excel app that's in the Google Play Store, onto a Kindle Fire tablet? I had to use the Excel app (in iOS), to be able to see the spreadsheet.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Elden

Thanks cbwx, I can try. Previously, I have not had a good success rate of the things downloaded from there functioning. Amazon has their stuff sewed up fairly tightly. My Kindle normally uses Office Suite to work Excel, but is not accomplishing it for this one. Seems like it may have read them but could not do the input functions on one other Excel document.
Elden

cbwx34

Quote from: Elden on September 27, 2017, 04:18:53 PM
Thanks cbwx, I can try. Previously, I have not had a good success rate of the things downloaded from there functioning. Amazon has their stuff sewed up fairly tightly. My Kindle normally uses Office Suite to work Excel, but is not accomplishing it for this one. Seems like it may have read them but could not do the input functions on one other Excel document.

Yeah... I ran into the same thing... none of the other Office type apps would open that spreadsheet, only the Excel one would.  I had an Amazon Tablet at one time, and know that Amazon has its own app store, so the Excel app might be there too... I just didn't have a way to check, but found it in the Google Play Store.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Looking at this from my low tech viewpoint, this looks like something which could be done with a piece of graph paper, a ruler and a compass with a pencil. Then we would not have to worry about computer programs.

Ken

Elden

That is what I am trying to do, Ken.  :) Have to get the compass from the other place. I am assuming that the arc is not flattened any. Am questioninlg if the measurement I obtained from the Kindle screen was accurate enough for the ratios.
Elden

Jan

Elden,

The Knife Point/Tip Setting Template was not prepared as a CAD drawing, it has lower accuracy. The dimensions of the image are ca 179 x 139 mm measured between the inner corners of the frame.

If you open the pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader and select Print/Real size, you should get the image printed 1:1.

Regarding the problem with your Kindle I think you're on the right track.

My Excel script was created on PC using MS Office. Excel scripts are not executable files and require Excel or similar program to be installed on your device. When you use it online, then the Dropbox offers its own Excel to open it.

My Excel offers me several other formats for export of the script (e.g. ODS – Open Document Spreadsheet). When you send me your email address I will send you several formats for testing.

Good luck!  :)
Jan

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: Jan on September 27, 2017, 08:46:33 PM
Elden,

The Knife Point/Tip Setting Template was not prepared as a CAD drawing, it has lower accuracy.

I think all Elden needs is the radius of the knife tip curve.
Origin: Big Bang