News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Glenn Lucas video on Tormek instagram site

Started by Ken S, December 25, 2016, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I found a short, but interesting video clip done by Glenn Lucas on Tormek's twitter site.

(Sorry, I am not normally a social media person, and don't know how to link it here.)

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

Is this the video? https://www.instagram.com/p/BNeh0SjBihY/

I didn't even know Tormek was on Twitter, as they have a Facebook and Instragram symbol on their webpage; no Twitter symbol.

Then I had to find out who Glenn Lucas was and what he looked like to figure out what video you MIGHT be talking about and find one with his image on Twitter.  Found that video, hightlight and cut the link, create a new post here, and use the globe looking icon to insert the URL.  In some cases (haven't tried all sites) you can just past the link in, and it automatically puts it in as a hyperlink.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

SADW,

Sorry, I fumble with all the social media stuff. I don't have a twitter account. I recall finding the Glenn Lucas very short video from a mass email from HÃ¥kan Persson. I have requested it be posted on the forum. Glenn Lucas is also featured in one of the Friends videos on tormek.com. It's worth watching.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

You may fumble, but I don't even have accounts.  There are both privacy and safety issues that to me mean they are a thought that shouldn't even be contemplated.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

I agree. I also find that just this forum takes more time that I would like. I don't want to add more computer time in my life.

Ken

Jan

On the same Instagram page you can find a photo from sharpening school in Uppsala, Sweden.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGl1U4mC8aA/?taken-by=tormek_sharpening

The picture shows a pretty young women setting chisel edge angle using the Anglemaster. The angle setting is not correct because the corner of the angle setter base is too far from the stone.

I am considering to offer myself as a volunteer lecturer for future Swedish sharpening school.  ;) :)

Jan

Ken S

Good thought, Jan. :)

I might volunteer myself if I did not have to log in to instagram.

Ken