News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Finally.... a sale on the T4 (knife jig included)

Started by Ken S, June 02, 2016, 12:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I have seen several sale offers for the T7 including extra jigs at no extra cost over the years. I have not seen such a sale with the T4, until today.

I just received an email from Advanced Machinery (advmachinery.com). Through June, the T4 is available at the regular price of $399 with free shipping and the regular knife jig included at no extra cost. That is the best deal I have seen for the T4.

The knife jig is the new version cast and machined in zink. It is a nice jig. I like the older version. I like the precision of the newer version more. The regular knife jig actually works fine with longer chef's and slicing knives, as long as they are not thin and fllexible.

If you are thinking about getting a T4, this is the best opportunity I have seen.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

Did not see what you saw.  Going through Tormeks site to Advanced Machinery, brings up an older webpage as well, with the 40th anniversary T-7.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

SADW,

Here is the link.

http://www.advmachinery.com/c-14-tormek-sharpening.aspx

It is the small blue box on the right.  "summer special". It is difficult to locate.

Ken

Hatchcanyon

Ken,

those prices especial for the SJ-250 Stone are some kind of a cheek if you compere them with the price in Germany. I bought the SJ-250 at € 229 + € 4,90 for shipping (no handling fee) including Tax. That converts to about $ 262.

Are Tormek parts generally that high priced in the United States?

Rolf
German with a second home in the American Southwestern Desert - loves Old England too.

Ken S

Interesting, Rolf.

I wish my great grandfather had brought some Tormek stuff with him when he left Germany to come here in 1873. :)

Ken

Hatchcanyon

Ken,

my great-grandfather could have done the same but 40 years later.  ;)

Rolf
German with a second home in the American Southwestern Desert - loves Old England too.

Ken S

Advanced Machinery has changed its website. The T4 sale is now listed on the home page.

Ken

ps The prices for Tormek seem to be correct, with free shipping for orders over $100 US. That's what I call free shipping, not inflating the price and listing "free shipping".

SharpenADullWitt

They havn't changed everything.  Ken, go through Tormek's lnks to Buy online. They are still linking to an old copy somewhere (maybe a backup indexed copy).
Depending on what machine I am on, I won't have the webpage in my history, so I tend to use those link resources.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

After more checking and changing, the situation ix fixed.

Thanks, SADW, for bringing it to our attention.

Ken