News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How to align the knife in the jig correct?

Started by Matfarsan, February 07, 2016, 08:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matfarsan

If Im gonna sharpen a kitchen knife how do I align it in the jig.
From what Ive read the jig shall be in the center of the blade but shall I align it according to the neck or the cutting side?

Ken S

Page 53 of the handbook covers this well.  If, by chance, you don't have a copy of the handbook, contact support@tormek.se. Every Tormek user should have a handbook, and the latest edition is a free download once you register your Tormek.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

At approx 1:15 Jeff Farris says, align the front edge of the knife and the front edge of the jig, parallel to one another.

(I am always amazed how many little things he fit into his video, that one doesn't seem to catch the first time watching)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYURcwkKGPs
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

I totally agree, SADW. I have learned a lot from Jeff's videos, more each time I watch them.

Ken