News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek natural 900

Started by mosbricka, April 01, 2015, 09:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mosbricka

Hello, i got an old tormek machine from my grandfather when he passed away. It's a model called natural 900. I can't seem to find the manual to the machine and the jiggs (or whatever they are called in english), the only accesory i have is the metall thing you use the jiggs with. I was wondering if the parts that are sold now can be used with the this old modell and if i can get a new manual somewhere?

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Tommy. You have inherited a most interesting old Tormek. I don't think anyone on the forum has a Tormek of that fine vintage. I suggest you email Tormek support in Sweden. (support.tormek.se). They should have answers for you, and they reply promptly within a day or two. They may even be able to scan and email a manual for you. Please post the results; your Tormek sounds very interesting.

Ken

mosbricka

Yes i'm eager too try the machine! My grandfather was really into amatuer carpentry, always wonderd how he kept his tools so sharp, now i know :)

it has the universal support so i guess it should be after -84.. But i'll try and contact the support in sweden and see if the can send me the manuall and/or answer my questions regarding whether or not i can use the accessories that are sold now. Maybe i can visit their office, Lindesberg is only 150km from where i live...

thanks for your replies, i'll post some more information when i get it.

Ken S

Tommy,

When you visit Tormek, be sure to bring your Tormek with you. I would also suggest you try to schedule your visit with Stig being there to meet with you. I have met Stig. He is a likeable fellow and very knowledgeable about the Tormek. He also travels a lot, so a call in advance would be useful.

Thirty five years ago I had a similar visit. I went to the Leitz Museum in Wetzlar, Germany. I brought my father's 1932 Leica II with me. I had a delightful visit with the museum director. He gave me a xerox copy of the original manual and had the repair department switch the shutter speed dial back to the original for me. It was a great day for me; I hope your visit to Tormek will be the same for your.

Please post after your visit.

Ken