News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Sharpening round bits on SVD-185

Started by jdolan, September 23, 2014, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdolan

I have a set of Turnmaster chisels with replaceable bits. The SVD-185 has a accessory that sharpens these bits. My problem is that the screw that mounts the bit on the jig is too large for the hole in the bit. The people at Rockler where I bought both tools haven't a clue. Any suggestions?

Stickan

There is now a new attachment for those, SVD-005 Upgrade kit for SVD-180/185

http://tormek.com/international/en/spare-parts/other-spare-parts-and-upgrades/svd-005-upgrade-kit-for-svd-180/

Stig

jdolan

Thanks, Stig. I'll get right on it. (If there wasn't an upgrade, I would have suggested it.) Good company, Tormek!

Rob

That's way better than my solution was going to be (drill the bit hole wider :-))
Best.    Rob.

jdolan

I did go to work on the round bit with a round file, but then I had second thoughts. What if the bit wobbled on the chisel because the hole was too big?  BTW the SVD-005 new attachment is 12 something on line plus shipping--20 bucks and change. Seems worth it tho' considering one bit is $17.