News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Profiled Leather Honing Wheel

Started by kwadams, January 21, 2006, 03:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwadams

Jeff--

I'm just about to purchase a Tormek from you and was curious about the profiled wheel for carving tools.  I've seen somewhere else that they also sell add-on disks (I remember one had a 45 degree tip) that I guess somehow fit on the wheel.  I don't see these on your site so I don't know where I've seen them in the past.  Do you know if they are available and are they something worth having?  I do a fair amount of carving so a power strop that would fit different tools would be helpful to me.

Thanks.
Kevin

Jeff Farris

Looks like I didn't get all the updating done on the site!  :o

Yes, there are interchangeable disks for the new LA-120 honing wheel. The standard disk set has a 3mm radius and a 60 degree vee.  The optional set has a 2mm radius and a 45 degree vee.  You can buy just the disk set for $26.95 or you can buy a second hub with the alternative disks (LA-121 - $46.95) and stack them up so that both sets are always available. I'll get these added to the site next week. You can phone your order in Monday. We've got them in stock, I just failed to add them to the shopping section of the web site.
Jeff Farris