News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Spam

Started by Rob, August 04, 2014, 10:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Mods

Because I'm unfamiliar with this forum software I don't know what controls you have but if you have ip address banning I would be eternally grateful if you would ban Masterben's please.

If it's not possible to cut him off at the knees can I suggest you co-opt 3 or 4 regular customers (like me, Ken, Herman etc) to be assigned moderator rights so more resource is available to delete the spam as it arrives.  More eyes and ears will catch it faster if there is no software filter capable of doing the job from the management side. 

Many thanks.  PS on various other woodworking forums I attend, trusted members are regularly moderators so there is a lot of precedent for this.
Best.    Rob.

Stickan

Hi Rob,
Sorry for the delay, I saw it first on sunday and could not block him from home.

Stig

Rob

Thanks Stig.  I was only worried about it as my 10 year old son was looking over my shoulder when I logged in the other day.  He said:

"Daddy, what does the word "sexual" have to do with your water grinder"   :o :o :o

Not sure how to explain that!

:-)

Best.    Rob.

kennyk

No, but the shiny edge....  :-[ ;)

SharpenADullWitt

LOL, Lorenna Bobbit comes to mind. :-X
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)