News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How to sharpen a chisel-THE BEST WAY-"GUARANTEED"- Youtube video

Started by mike40, July 15, 2013, 01:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike40

If you realy want to learn how to sharpen a chisel, you have to see this video on how he does it. This guy is really unbelievable and even more astounding when he demonstrates the edge after sharpening. I hope you will enjoy this. I know I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKzZ6-dQ2C0
Mike

Ken S

Mike, this guy is amazing.  How did he do that without overheating the chisel?

I'm more comfortable at a more pedestrian pace.  I would use a belt sander for a major flattening project.

Ken

Rob

Sorry to be Mr Contrary but I couldn't agree. He seems like Mr Slapdash to me!  He even tested his freshly sharpened chisel on his lovely bench vice!!!

He has no control over the grit, the bevel angle or indeed himself it seems.

He seems the worst kind of bodger to me (although certainly entertaining)

Luckily he'll probably win the Darwin awards when he sets fire to his workshop, thus removing his DNA from the gene pool (thank goodness) :-)
Best.    Rob.

mike40

Just so everybody knows it, I just posted this because I thought it was funny and ridiculous. I can't believe what some people purporting to be experts can show on Youtube. Fun to watch anyway.
Mike

Rob

ah....irony...from an American....clearly you've been in Europe a while Mike :-)
Best.    Rob.

mike40

Yes Rob, I even get a small pension for the time I worked in the UK.
Mike

Rob

Best.    Rob.

mike40

Mike