News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

single or double bevel for small knife blades?

Started by Ken S, March 29, 2013, 07:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

8)

You wouldnt want your fingers to get too close would you!!
Best.    Rob.

Elden

My comment was obviously an exageration. ;) I do wonder what the rpm of the wheel would be. Definitely wouldn't want to try a finger on it.
Elden

Herman Trivilino

Note that the grindstone is turning away from the operator, which is why the tool being ground is placed under the platform rather than on top of it.  If we were grinding the same tool at the same angle this might be a better way to set up the HK-50.

Origin: Big Bang

Elden

Hadn't thought about it that way. The rotation of the wheel would be cramming the blade between the rest and the wheel. Suppose that the rest probably pivots and is held in place by the operator. Thus there would be no danger presented by the knife being wedged between the wheel and the rest.

I remember seeing another link to a post showing a Japanese craftsman doing the entire beveling process free handed on the same wheel. Impressive!
Elden

Herman Trivilino

Anyone who can do that is a true craftsman.
Origin: Big Bang