News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

DBS-22 Modification

Started by Elden, April 07, 2013, 03:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elden

Today I went out to the shop and did a modification on the high dollar DBS-22. I haven't even finished sharpening 1 drill bit on it yet.

While checking out the Tormek User Group, I ran across a modification done by Kurt Johansson to allow him to sharpen brad point and spade bits. The spade bits cannot have spurs on them.

Starting with about message number 6616, details are given.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tormekusers/message/6616

There are picture pictures posted as well that help.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tormekusers/photos/album/1258823406/pic/list

All that is required is the drilling of a new pivot hole. The original pivot allows the changing of the point angle (the 90 to 150 degree adjustment).

My pivot is smaller than what he said his was. He said 6 mm, I drilled mine 5/32".

You will have to be a member of the Tormek User Group to access their info. It is an easy join up process.
Elden

jeffs55

No luck joining that user group, not so easy for me.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Elden

If you can't, I can send you info on the modification that I personally did. I am hesitant to post it here as I am not sure of the legality of posting someone else's work.

Jeff Farris     Would it be permissible to post this information if I took my own pictures and used my own documentation, or could his be posted with credits being given to him (with his permission as well)?
Elden

Elden

Jeff F.

I emailed Kurt Johansson. He gave permission to post his modification here. I tried to encourage him to join the group.
If it is ok with you, I want to post his DBS-22 modification.
Elden

jeffs55

I do not anticipate buying the DBS-22 so it is not necessary to provide any further info, I was just interested to see what you had done, thanx. If you post pics I am sure that I would look at them.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Elden

As I have not heard back from Jeff F., I am going to assume that he either is too busy to answer or that he is having computer problems again.
Jeff, if there is a reason that I shouldn't post Kurt Johansson's work, feel free to remove as necessary.
Elden

Jeff Farris

If Kurt is OK with it, then so am I.  I would welcome his contributions to the forum, too.
Jeff Farris