News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

garden tools

Started by webrider, April 06, 2013, 01:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrider

Anyone have any experience with garden tools?

Herman Trivilino

I've used the Tormek to square up the ends of shovels.
Origin: Big Bang

Elden

Angles? For which tools?
Elden

webrider

Iwas thinking about manuel hedge clippers, electric hedge clippers, grass clippers, tree limb clippers, hoes, small hand trowels, ect.

Herman Trivilino

Yes, I've sharpened most of those.  Lawnmower blades, too.

The scissors jig (SVX-150) can be used for the hedge clippers.  I don't know about the electric hedge clippers.
Origin: Big Bang

Elden

The following came up with a quick Google search. Can't verify the angles now, will try to look in some old material that I have on such. Files and hones will work great on some tools. Be sure to pay attention to the bold print section.

Bevel Angles
Before you begin to sharpen hand tools of any type it is important to know the proper bevel angles for specific tools. A garden hoe or shovel should have a seventy-five degree angle along the edge. Be sure to observe the original bevel of the hand tools you intend to sharpen in an effort to maintain the proper angles.
Hedge clippers: 45 degrees
Elden