News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

I got my Tormek Tattoo! (Might be too graphic for weak tummy's)

Started by afx, March 12, 2013, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elden

I have 28 and had a 20 which disappeared and a 16 showed up in its place. Both were Estwings. We had some fellows helping us and my tools were out. Man, I miss that 20. Never did care for the 16's. They have a bad ring while driving. At least it's a Estwing.
Elden

nobby1967

One of my estwings rings pretty anoying bit bad for premium hammer must be a fault in steel or binding on handle.

tonylumps

The first month I had my Tormek I used all of the Bandaids that came with it. They are good Bandaids I wish they sold them.

Herman Trivilino

I don't remember mine coming with bandaids, but that was a long time ago ...
Origin: Big Bang

Don Green

I didn't get this tatoo using a Tormek but it's worth mentioning.  I was carving a character and needed to drill a hole in the neck area for attaching a head.  I inserted a brad point drill in the drill press and proceeded to drill the hole.  Oh did I forget to mention I was using a vise, my hand with a Kevlar glove on my hand.  Naturally the Kevlar glove found the spinning bit.  I yanked as hard and I could and sucessfully tore the finger of the glove free.  To this day I don't have a clue why the Kevlar tore but thank the lord it did.  Lesson: never wear a glove around a rotating tool.  Tormek or anything else

I still don't have any feeling in the end of that finger.

I sewed the finger from another glove and keep it as a reminder, not ever again. What really pissed me off, was it was a brand new glove.

Don G

Elden

As many of you have probably found out, just because the Tormek grinding wheel turns slowly and your finger doesn't burn when you come into contact with it; it doesn't mean hide is not coming off. After several times of contacting the wheel, I started noticing a stinging. Looking at my thumb revealed that the skin had been abraded away. Filed that one to memory.
Elden