News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

About BGM-100

Started by Don Green, March 25, 2013, 10:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Green

Rob

I must be doing something wrong.  When I click the insert button, I don't get any links?? It wants me to insert a link between the img symbols but I don't remember what to put in there?

Don

Rob

Don

When I did this in photobucket, there were five different options for the type of link you could use (see that post with the yellow arrow).  The one that worked in PB was what they call "direct link"  All the options are in that little screen grab I posted.

My guess is you'll need to see what options picturerail has to try and match the same as directlink in PB.  To find which one worked in PB I just did 5 different posts (using the img radio button in the forum software) each with the different ones from PB's options until it worked
Best.    Rob.

Don Green

Rob

I went to picturetrail.com and finally selected the proper link or at least an image appeared in one of the posts prior.  I think I have it figured out.  Were you successful in visiting my web site at picturetrail.com?
I am going to try to post an image now.

][/img]

Don

Rob

Yes mate...I just saw your Tormek post (green) with excellent homemade toolrest :-)

Nice one
Best.    Rob.

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: Don Green on March 27, 2013, 04:32:54 PM
I posted pictures to this web-site.

First of all, wow!  It's weird to see an old SuperGrind 2000 that looks new.  Mine is 11 years old and nowhere near that shiny.

Your Homemade Knife Rest looks great.  I'm also in the process of making one out of aluminum, but it will be a bit thicker, about a half inch or 13 mm.

Don, do you have a scissors jig?  If so you could bolt that piece to the base and you'd be in business.  You may also be able to bolt it to the Tool Rest jig, which I'd like to see someone do.  I don't have that jig or I'd do it myself.
Origin: Big Bang

Don Green

Herman

I don't have a scissors jig.  I have a SVD-110 tool rest ordered, should be here in a couple of days.  If you had an opportunity to visit my web-site www.picturetrail.com/smoke810, you will see why I am interested in something to sharpen small blades.

Don

Rob

Haha.....Just seen the site Don.

Goodness me you have a few small blades to sharpen there :-)
Best.    Rob.

Don Green

Rob

I also have a "Ton" of tools I use making the gun stocks.

Don

Rob

I can imagine Don...keep it up..maybe post a few of your favourites here....they looked beautifully made.  I'd love to see some closeups
Best.    Rob.

Elden

Beautiful work, Don! You do any reloading?
Elden

Rob

And welcome to the forum by the way Don :-)

Best.    Rob.

Don Green

Rob

I gave up on reloading when I sold all my centerfire rifles.  All I have left are about 25 .22 RF's and several hand guns. I really like the older single shots.  Being left handed every time I get a new one, I make a left hand stock for it.  All I use is Walnut and its hell on blades.

I have found through trial and error some really good steel that holds an edge really well.  Unfortunately some don't hold up very well.  Some of the older straight razors have some really good steel that make excellent detail knives that hold an edge for a long time.  I also have found some power hack saw blades that make good knives and scrapers.  Cutting power hack blades into knife blanks is somewhat of a challange but is manageable.  Of course you can take the easy way out and purchase quality carving knives, but I would rather make my own not because of the money, it gives me something to do.

I also like to carve figurines mostly out of Walnut or Bass Wood.  Both are hard on a knife edge.

Don

Don Green

Recieved my tool rest today and attached the aluminum platform.  It's 15 degrees.  Works great!

Don G

Don Green

More

Elden

Elden