News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

japanese waterstone

Started by fraseman999, March 22, 2013, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Farris

Are you talking about a side to side wobble, or an up and down wobble? 

Truing will do nothing about a side to side wobble. The good news is, a side to side wobble won't affect performance of the machine in the least.

To minimize it for appearance's sake, try turning the inside washer a quarter turn and relocking the nut. After a few tries, you'll find the "sweet spot" where the washer and the stone surface match best.

If it is an up and down wobble, that has redeveloped that quickly, contact the Tormek importer in your country.
Jeff Farris

fraseman999

Thanks again to everyone for your replies.

Mats Wuolo from Tormek has said their tolerance side to side is -/+ 0.5mm so thats 1mm.

I put the straightedge jig on with a chisel, laid the chisel down the side of the stone and took a video. Its around 6mm wobble.

He has agreed after watching the video that it needs changing. Fedex will pick my old stone up tommorow.

The only moan i have is that i will be without one until i get my replacement. I thought they would have done a swap.

Anyway hopefully it will be resolved.

Cheers

John

Rob

Well that sucks dude....but at least the service is good.  Maybe they should look at QA before things leave the factory a little more closely?
Best.    Rob.

Herman Trivilino

It seems they've experienced a quality control issue with their SG grindstones lately, too.  A couple posters have noticed bad spots within the stone.
Origin: Big Bang