News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

not exactly handtool woodworking, but related

Started by Ken S, February 24, 2013, 01:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Fairleigh

Look out for those MO guys.  The last thing they usually say is, "Watch this..." ;)

Congratulations, hero!
Mike

"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 7 sharpening my axe."  --Abraham Lincoln

Rob

Best.    Rob.

nobby1967

Love my 18 v LXT makita's have hammer drill driver ,impact , drill driver, jigsaw, and my favourite circular saw  ;D

Ken S

I began my career at the telephone company in the age of the brace and bit, Star drill, and egg beater drill.  I still have them and occasionally use the brace and bit.  However, I have become a convert to power tools much (or at least some)  of the time.

I especially like the 12 volt size drill an impact driver.  In my younger days, I would have appreciated the extra power of more voltage.  Now smaller and lighter are nicer.

Ken

nobby1967

A star drill never had one of those.  The guy I use to work with had one and we used it on the odd occasion. still go my brace probably around 40 odd bits and somewhere got egg beater  ::)