News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Sharping Ice Auger blades

Started by very sharp, February 12, 2013, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

very sharp

Does anyone know the best way to sharpen the strickmaster Lazer 8" ice auger blades ? realy there are two 4" blades.The blade is curved, convex,and beveled on one side only, and very tricky to do.

Elden

Welcome to the forum! I am not familiar with ice augers , but would you post some pictures a blade particularly of the cutting edge? I found a picture of the bottom of a blade but didn't find one of the top.
Elden
Elden

Elden

Elden

Elden

Sorry, I tried clicking on the address I posted and was told I needed an account. If you google "sharpening ice auger blades", the site  "Sharpening auger blades yourself - Ice Shanty" should show up which should get you there without generating an account with Ice Shanty.

Modification 11/12 2015
Hopefully this link will work. I believe part of the ending number in the above link was inadvertently truncated.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=18854.0
Elden

Rob

Just out if curiosity, why do you want to?  I mean what are you making holes in ice for?
Best.    Rob.