News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How do you link in the URL to previous thread

Started by Rob, March 07, 2013, 04:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Does anyone know how you get a hyperlink that takes you to a different thread embedded in a post please?  For example if you are referring to an earlier set of threads
Best.    Rob.

grepper

Do your mean a reply within a topic? 

A different topic completely?

Rob

Nomenclature again :-)

I mean....here you are happily writing in a post when suddenly you remember that same thing came up three years ago. Well knock me down with a feather you hum to yourself.

Then you think, I know, why don't I refer to that old article by finding it and then pointing to it in the present post

You do it all the time...it's a really useful strategy for jumping round the forum.

I don't know what those blue underlined pointers are called but I thought they were hyperlinks.  Typically I'm wanting to hyperlink to a specific post
Best.    Rob.

Mike Fairleigh

Just find the earlier thread, copy the URL from your browser's address bar, then paste into the current thread.
Mike

"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 7 sharpening my axe."  --Abraham Lincoln

Rob

Marvellous...thanks Mike.  I never realised each post has a unique address in the same way as a URL etc.
Best.    Rob.

grepper

Another quick way to do it is to right click on either the subject line of a thread or the subject line of a reply within a thread and select Copy Link Location.  The wording might be slightly different in IE or Chrome, but that's how to do it in Firefox.

That will stick the link into the Clipboard.

I guess I should add that's on a Windows machine.  I'm useless when it comes to Macs.

This will work on just about any hyperlink.

Rob

Best.    Rob.

grepper

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Rob

Best.    Rob.