News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Grading stone

Started by ktkamm, April 19, 2012, 04:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktkamm

Is it normal for the grading stone to wear down or am I putting too much pressure when grading the stone? Thanks, Kieran

Black Mamba

One of the long-time participants on this forum can probably give you a more meaningful answer. You can bet, however, that any time you have two abrasive surfaces coming into contact for any length of time, they will BOTH wear. I'm, myself, too new in using this machine to know what is normal in the situation you inquire about.

Tom

ktkamm

Jeff Farris

It is perfectly normal, and in fact, I hate a "new" stone grader. It works so much better once it has the arc of the grindstone cut into the smooth side. Minimize your  side to side movement and try to get the profile of the grindstone cut into the grader straight across, but following the curve of the stone.

On the coarse side, you will see less wear.
Jeff Farris

ktkamm

Thanks Jeff. Makes me feel better that I didn't screw up. That is exactly what I am encountering.  Kieran