News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek for knife sharpening!

Started by Rugerr, November 05, 2008, 07:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rugerr

Hi all, I have decided to buy the Tormek for sharpening knives mostly. I've always in the past used stones and a belt sander and buffer, but like the idea of being able to keeping the angle EXACT and being able to keep the machine indoors.  I don't think it would be messy using the Tormek inside my home....what do you guys think?  I also like the customer service support here and I know the machine is a quaility tool! Do have one question though, I like really fine edges and think that maybe I need the finer waterstone to begin with, can you order the unit with the optional finer waterstone?  Thanks!!

Jeff Farris

You cannot order the machine with either of the optional stones.  The standard SG-250 is the optimum stone for the system.  By using the stone grader, you can achieve a very fine grind, which can be easily finished with the leather honing wheel.  The SJ-250 is not capable of any regrinding whatsoever, which would make it a very poor choice for your only stone.
Jeff Farris