News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek T-3

Started by romanf, August 05, 2008, 11:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romanf

Hey Jeff,

Any information available yet on the new T-3 8" wet sharpener? Price and availability?

Thank you

Roman

Jeff Farris

Price is $339.99.  It does not include the stone grader or truing tool.  Availability is late September from Woodcraft stores and catalog. Late October from other Tormek dealers.
Jeff Farris

Joe_G

After a couple years wishing for a Tormek, I finally ordered a T-3 at IWF. Can't wait to get it and see how it improves my tools.

I do have one question: Does the smaller wheel diameter change the true angle of grind. I hope that's an accurate terminology; otherwise, does the sharper radius affect the cutting edge.

Jeff Farris

Joe,

There will be a slightly deeper hollow, but it should not cause any problems.
Jeff Farris

Joe_G

Got my T-3 and have been teaching myself the "feel" and consistency of motion.

My first impressions are:
1 The plastic housing seems quite durable. The raising and lowering of the tool rest does not approach the smoothness of the T-7.

2 The angle gage has magnets to stick to the t-7. I think Tormek should add some rivets or a metal strip for the plastic t-3.

3 Grind quality seems on a par with the t-7. Don't take my word for this - I'm a brand new user.

All in all I am very pleased with my purchase. Granted I saved some money and cannot expect a t-7 for the t-3 price. I am not a heavy duty user; merely a basement hobbyist with some hand tool to sharpen so I think this is fine for me.