News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Conical Leather Honing Wheel for Tormek T8

Started by Perra, June 09, 2024, 08:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perra

This honing wheel is inspired from T1 and T2
You cannot view this attachment.
It's a complement to your T8 when you honing larger knives by hand and don't want to remove the grinding wheel or angle the knife so it doesn't collide with the grinding wheel when honing. So now I have a T82
I mostly honing knives by hand and have been missing a conical honing leather wheel for my T8. I have asked HÃ¥kan at Tormek if they have any plans to produce a conical leather wheel for the T8, but he said that they had not intended to do that. So I thought it was time to get one of my own and here it is now. I have already made a prototype that I used for a while with positive experiences from it so I know it works well.
The wheel is printed on my 3D printer and the center washer in steel I borrowed from an extra LA-220 that I had lying around.
I am attaching the STL file if any of you want to make your own. Could be a nice little summer hobby on vacation!
A leather strap has been cut from part of a cow that was decent enough to offer me a piece. The leather strap is glued with a Casco contact adhesive for leather and attached you see all the measurements you need to cut out the right dimension of the band. A tip: print on paper first as a template so you can try it to fit how you want.

Dutchman

Yes, that's what we need if we don't want to remove the stone every time.
Now we have to wait for a producer who sees a profit in it.
It's strange that Tormek thinks otherwise.

tgbto

Nice !

Maybe with a "spaceship-type" contraption, we could do controlled honing on such a wheel.

3D Anvil

It's weird that Tormek sees the need for this with the T1/2 but not the T4/8.