News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Left handed stone

Started by Perra, April 01, 2024, 05:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I have wondered why my bench stone sharpening results were not first class. Being a lefty, I have been handicapped by using right handed stones.

When will Tormek offer left handed grinding wheels?   :)

Ken April 1, 2024

John Hancock Sr

Ha ha. There had to be at least one

RichColvin

---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

John_B

People do not understand how many little things are built for righty's
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: RichColvin on April 02, 2024, 04:35:10 AMThis is still my favorite:  the Tormek T-99

When you see Japanese knife sharpeners on their huge waterstones that does not seem so absurd. Also grandpa's huge sharpening wheel. We actually have one here. I intend to build a new frame for it.

Ken S

Rich,
I remember the link you posted. My favorite was the photo of the Tormek with a digital control panel posted on the forum years ago by Grepper.

John,

As a fellow leftie, I feel your pain. I reground a santoku knife to left handed by making it single bevel ground on the right side.

Ken

RichColvin

Quote from: John Hancock Sr on April 16, 2024, 12:47:09 AM
Quote from: RichColvin on April 02, 2024, 04:35:10 AMThis is still my favorite:  the Tormek T-99

When you see Japanese knife sharpeners on their huge waterstones that does not seem so absurd. Also grandpa's huge sharpening wheel. We actually have one here. I intend to build a new frame for it.

Please post pics 
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.