News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Extra Fine Diamond Wheel

Started by mrgimp84, March 21, 2024, 12:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrgimp84

Hello,

I am new here so please forgive me if I do something out of line.
I recently bought a set of diamond wheels for my T2000 machine(I think that is the
model).
I actually have 2 questions.

First what is the best way to clean the diamond wheels? I have tried a solution of Dawn
dish soap and water and Dawn Power wash. Neither worked very well. I have seen a video
where someone was using PB Blaster but I really don't want to use something that harsh.

Second after the first use, I found small lines on the wheel that looks like the grit
has come off. I am attaching a photo to show what has happened. Is this normal?   

Ken S

Mrgimp.

You do not specify whether you were using your diamond wheels with the remonnended ACC solution or dry. This is just my opinion; however, I wish Tormek had never said that the diamond wheels could be used dry. ACC has several benefits. It prevents rust on both the wheels and the tools as well as helping them stay clean. If tools sharpened with ACC solution are allowed to air dry, the ACC will leave some rust prevention.

The first I heard of using PBBlaster was in a video by a vendor who recommends his CBN wheels be only used dry. These wheels are made of a fiberglass type substance or aluminum. Tormek diamond wheels are made of steel, which is stronger and require fewer chemicals during manufacturing. Please note: I am not disparaging CBN wheels. I am just stating that, especially when used dry, they are different than diamond wheels.

Tormek should issue specific cleaning instructions.

You should email your question and photo to (support@tormek.se).

Please keep us posted.

Ken

mrgimp84

Hello,

Sorry I did use the ACC solution with the wheels. All of the wheels have stains and
discolorations that I would like to remove. I tried the rubber stick and that really
didn't do any good.

I agree that Tormek should have a cleaning method for the diamond wheels.

I have emailed support and will let you know  about the reply.