News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Path to Up My Sharpening Game

Started by MetalPro, March 07, 2024, 02:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalPro

I was able to get a FVB unit built during the gloomy weather over the weekend out of spare chunks of metal lying around; got the measurements into TormekCalc and ran through some knives and chisels with the procedure of SG250 against the blade, Sun Tiger 4000 then honing wheel (both from the front, with the blade).  Ran it right off the software values using T USB value and it appears my measurements were reasonably precise and accurate based on the successive scratch patterns. Got 'good' results but it did highlight an issue and maybe the reason for my previous dissatisfaction with honing wheel. It appears the leather on the wheel I have has dried out over the years - particularly along the edges creating a 'U' shape to the surface.  Can the leather on this wheel be reconditioned or replaced?

Quote from: Naf on March 12, 2024, 04:30:00 PMI feel completely worthless now.
"Always look on the bright side of life" - Eric Idle