News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Damaged T2 Spares/repair

Started by Dean UK, March 03, 2024, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean UK

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and from the UK.

I purchased a used T2 described as excellent condition but missing knife jig, unfortunately it's damaged and any advice would be welcome. I purchased a new jig(mk2) but the T2 bar that it mounts on has been impact damaged and is not aligned correctly (bent in toward the sharpening wheel). I see from looking inside it is mounted with 2 Allen screws so should be replaceable, can these be purchased? I cannot see them in any spares list.

Alternatively, I could remove and attempt to straighten the arm, but the alignment will be critical I assume so this may be difficult to do precisely. Do Tormek offer a repair service in the UK?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Dean

Ken S

Dean,

Welcome to the forum. Contact Tormek support (support@tormek.se).

Keep us posted.

Ken

Dean UK

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the welcome and the advice, I will contact Tormek and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Dean

Ken S

Dean,

New Tormeks come with an eight year warranty when registered. This warranty is generally transferrable if, like yours, the Tormek is sold. Be sure to ask support about it when you contact them.

Ken