News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Continuous Operation for Tormek T-4 and Tormek T-2

Started by Hugo Öhman, November 02, 2023, 01:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Öhman

Hello dear forum members!

I just wanted to make you aware of this news that just published.

"Due to new certification standards, Tormek T-4 Original, Tormek T-4 Bushcraft, and Tormek T-2 Pro Kitchen Knife sharpener has a continuous operation instead of 30 min/h, starting with machines produced November 1, 2023."

Read the news article here

Stay sharp!

/Hugo from Tormek

Ken S

Hugo,

Thank you for posting this!!! I am finally feeling vindicated after years of fighting for the T4. When I first saw the T4 in 2014, I interrogated the Tormek relentlessly like a prosecutor regarding the warranty length and types of usage. He was unshakable that Tormek would provide world class warranty service.

I realized that although the legalese did not state it, the dreaded "thirty minute limit" had nothing to do with the motor. It was caused by the all plastic housing of pre T4 models retaining the motor heat. TORMEK CORRECTED THE PROBLEM WTH THE ZINC TOP OF THE T4. this same zinc top, which acts as a radiator, was later used with the T8 and T2.

In the real world, the T4 and T2 may eventually need a rest, just like the T8, because the operator, not the machine, needs a break.

So, to all T4 and T2 users I say do not worry about the dreaded thirty minute. The problem was legal, not mechanical. You will need a rest long before your Tormek.

Again, thank you, Hugo, for posting this news!

Ken

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: Ken S on November 02, 2023, 02:29:59 PMThank you for posting this!!! I am finally feeling vindicated after years of fighting for the T4.

Interesting. Many manufactures push their specifications such that you would be lucky if you saw that real world performance. Nice to know that Tormek actually put the effort into guaranteeing their performance.