News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

"Make it our custom"

Started by Ken S, October 31, 2023, 11:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

We are increasingly expecting more precision from our Tormeks. In one of the online classes, Wolfgang used the expression that we must "make it our custom". I believe this is one of the keys to having our Tormek sharpening perform more to the expectations of the precision machine shop environment. A number of simple procedures done routinely will increase our precision. Most of these are not new to us.

Locking down our support bars starting with the sleeve on the microadjust leg.

Recently added, adjusting the MB-102 with equal pressure between the two legs will help maintain alignment.

Keeping our grind wheels trued and regularly dressed with the stone grader (SG wheels, not diamond wheels) as well as keeping our water clean.

These are a few simple procedures which should become part of our custom. Used regularly, they will increase our precision without increasing our cost. They will also improve our frame of mind.

Ken

RichColvin

Ken,

I like this.  It also seems to me like a pre-flight checklist.  This is a great way to be ready you are setup for success. 

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

Rich,

I like your pre-flight checklist idea.

Ken