News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek CADs

Started by SergeiDubovsky, October 16, 2023, 03:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergeiDubovsky

Hi team!

I've been deep into 3D rabbit hole, now I want to come back to sharpening hobby (with some new tools).
It would be amazingly helpful to have a official CAD from Tormek. It might be a long shot to ask for it, but I was trained to always check "if door is locked, before attempting to break it". So the easy path first - I am looking for the external dimensions. I guess, such information can't be used for anything harmful for the Tormek as a company. Or at least, I can't imagine anything harmful.

Thank you!
Sergei

John_B

I think your best approach would be to contact Tormek support with specific questions. Perhaps a picture indicating which dimensions you are after. They also may be interested in what you plan to make.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

RichColvin

Sergei,

I've looked on Thingaverse and Printables.  Both seem to have bits and bobs available.  Some seem to me to be clear violations of Tormek's intellectual property rights; Others, not so much. 

One thing I do use often is the drip tray.  It and others I've found useful are cataloged on the Sharpening Handbook in the Jigs section (https://sharpeninghandbook.info/indexJigs.html).

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.