News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

affilatura coltelli

Started by Nazzareno Falcone, September 12, 2023, 12:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazzareno Falcone

Quando si affilano coltelli, perché il bisello non si forma uguale da entrambe le facce? Se è colpa mia , dove sbaglio e cosa fare ?
Grazie

Ken S

Original post translated into English:

Today at 06:41:10 PM

When sharpening knives, why doesn't the bevel form the same from both faces? If it's my fault, where am I wrong and what to do?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, Nazarene.

The Tormek SVM-45 and SVM-140 knife jigs are designed to give equal bevels on knives two to three millimeters thick. The new KJ-45 and KJ-140 knife jigs are self centering and will give equal bevels to a much wider thickness range of knives . I believe that may be the difficulty you are experiencing. Please let us know.

Best regards,

Ken

Post originale tradotto in inglese:

Oggi alle 18:41:10

Quando si affilano i coltelli, perché la smussatura non si forma allo stesso modo da entrambe le facce? Se è colpa mia, dove sbaglio e cosa fare?

Grazie.

Benvenuto nel forum, Nazareno.

Le maschere per coltelli Tormek SVM-45 e SVM-140 sono progettate per dare uguali smussi su coltelli spessi da due a tre millimetri. Le nuove maschere per coltelli KJ-45 e KJ-140 sono autocentranti e daranno smussi uguali a una gamma di coltelli di spessore molto più ampia. Credo che possa essere la difficoltà che stai vivendo. Facci sapere.

Cordiali saluti,

Ken

Ken S

PS. If we have any Italian speakers among the forum membership, please send me a PM. I used the forum translate program, but a real native speaker would be much better.

Alas, the only Italian I still remember from my trip to Rome in 1990 is "due cappuccino, per favore" (two cappuccinos, please")

Ken

Drilon

There is a description in the forum explaining the problem with the SVM jigs:
https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=2962.0

My SVM-45 jigs have an offset of 1,25 mm, ideal for knives of 2,5 mm thickness at the clamping area.

Tanti saluti dalla Germania
Drilon

Drilon

Again.

In YouTube " Demonstrating Tormek's Centering Knife Jigs KJ-45 & KJ-140 | Part 16 " at 5:50 min. the reason for unequal bevels is explained very good.

Drilon