News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How Can I Mount This Felt Wheel?

Started by darita, June 23, 2023, 10:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darita

So I purchased a 45mm wide felt wheel, however it's too long for a 45mm adapter on the leather wheel side of my T8.  Does anyone have a longer adapter or a fix for this?

Ken S

Your post is slightly confusing. When you place your 45mm felt wheel on the shaft, are the threads too far away for the nut to screw down or is your shaft too short for your felt wheel?

If the shaft is too long, fender washers with 12 mm bore hole can fill in the space at minimal cost. These often come in three packs.

Ken

darita

Quote from: Ken S on June 23, 2023, 11:31:50 PMYour post is slightly confusing. When you place your 45mm felt wheel on the shaft, are the threads too far away for the nut to screw down or is your shaft too short for your felt wheel?

If the shaft is too long, fender washers with 12 mm bore hole can fill in the space at minimal cost. These often come in three packs.

Ken

Actually just the opposite. Not enough threads are exposed to get a bite because the shaft length is the same length as the wheel is wide.

Ken S

Ken S

darita

So with the help of Ken, I found this shaft at Advanced Machinery that should work.  The only issue may be that it is flat on two sides of the shaft.  I've mounted the felt wheel on the shaft and it seems to fit well, however I wonder if the flat sides will cause problems?

tgbto

I don't see how this would be an issue, as there is only a minimal difference in terms of contact area. If you're worried, a washer would do the trick.