News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

CalCapp Help Please

Started by darita, June 21, 2023, 10:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darita

When I put together my paper wheel setup, I couldn't use the exact distance of USB base to arbor center that is on the T8, because the grinder base was in the way.  Does that preclude my ability to use CalCapp to figure out top of USB to wheel surface calculation?

cbwx34

Quote from: darita on June 21, 2023, 10:56:42 PMWhen I put together my paper wheel setup, I couldn't use the exact distance of USB base to arbor center that is on the T8, because the grinder base was in the way.  Does that preclude my ability to use CalCapp to figure out top of USB to wheel surface calculation?

No... if you measure directly to the wheel to set the USB height, the horizontal (and vertical) distance doesn't factor in.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

darita

Quote from: cbwx34 on June 21, 2023, 11:01:26 PM
Quote from: darita on June 21, 2023, 10:56:42 PMWhen I put together my paper wheel setup, I couldn't use the exact distance of USB base to arbor center that is on the T8, because the grinder base was in the way.  Does that preclude my ability to use CalCapp to figure out top of USB to wheel surface calculation?

Thank you. Just what I needed to know. I thought I really blew it.

No... if you measure directly to the wheel to set the USB height, the horizontal (and vertical) distance doesn't factor in.